Monday, December 17, 2012

A Learning Process: Dress Shopping


SO, where am I in the planning process? Well, I intend to put a hold on my procrastinating tendencies (yes, I can see the irony in that statement) and attempt to accomplish as much as possible in the early months. We’re a year out, and Chance and I have chosen our date, venue, caterer, and source of invitations. Things are really coming together. As another bonus, we have already bought my shoes along with the groomsmen’s boots. In the month that we have been tackling these details, I have learned some things that I would love to share:

Lesson Number 1, kiddies- A high fashion model could make a teletubbies suit look good.


That’s right. I was told it is NEVER too early to start looking for the dress, so my mom and I made an appointment at a shop nearby with the sole intention of gaining an idea of what styles I love and hate. I discovered the only information those pictures of wedding dresses on the World Wide Web provide you is the style number in the caption. The look, the fit, the color all remain a complete mystery until that dress goes on your body, and more often than not, it is not the same dress you thought you saw online. For that reason, I’m glad I started looking early and have an open mind about my styles of interest. I surprised myself by falling in like with a couple of ball gowns; however, I’m not sure how those will fit in with my venue (I’d rather not make my dress feel like the odd man out). Then there was one dress, gorgeous on the hanger, that when finally pried out of the plastic casing and put on, looked like Glinda the Good Witches’ daytime wear was accidently matched with a horrendous jacket resembling an old woman’s doily collection. That one certainly prompted an ab-workout of a laugh. The dress saga will continue on Saturday when my mom, Chance’s sister, and my MOH will make the haul to a boutique in Dahlonega with me.


I’ll post my Venue Searching Lesson Learned soon!




Can you guess what I said to this dress? HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment